I am very grateful to have been nominated by a wonderful blogger, Katie, for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Katie is a PhD student based in England and Tokyo, and her blog is always a great read, I look forward to posts every week and reading about how the PhD is progressing, and about all the things she makes for dinner (her photos are wonderful and mouth-watering)!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by one blogger to another in recognition of their inspiring, creative and motivational blogs. There are a few rules for accepting the nomination:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer 11 questions the blogger asks you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
These are the questions I was asked:
- Why did you start blogging? I was inspired by a friend from university who runs their own blog, and reading their posts not only gave me regular updates into their life, a lot of which was relatable, but it showed me the therapeutic side of blogging. It’s a space to be very open about your thoughts and feelings, especially for me since I stay anonymous, and get support from the internet community. One night it was all getting too much, and so I started my blog and didn’t look back.
- Spring, summer, autumn, or winter? Autumn! We’re in the middle of a heatwave in the UK and I am really appreciating the milder temperatures. I love the autumn colours too, and my birthday is in this season!
- If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Chocolate. It is my favourite food by far and given that I have had days where I’ve not eaten anything that doesn’t contain chocolate, I think I would definitely be able to manage!
- What is your favourite vacation spot? Japan. I loved spending a month there last summer, and am heading back there in September. I loved the sightseeing, meeting the people, and eating amazing food at ridiculously low prices. I also like that even though the country is big, it is easy and cheap to get around different cities on the budget airlines.
- Where is your dream place to live? I don’t have anywhere specific in mind, but anywhere where I can stay connected to my friends while not being too big a city. I can manage where I live with a maximum walk of 45 minutes, but I wouldn’t want much more than that.
- What is one way you relieve stress at the end of the day? Archery and archery club socials are the best for me. It’s where most of my friends are so even if I’m having a hard time with shooting, I enjoy seeing everyone. Sessions are relaxed and there’s plenty of time to talk in between ends. No mater how bad a day I have had, I always feel good when I’m there.
- If you could have one wish granted, what would it be? This is going deeper than one probably would expect, but I’d really like to fix whatever switch flicked in my brain in third year that makes everything really difficult sometimes. I’ve been struggling mentally with things for a while now, and indeed nearly stressed myself out to the point of being physically sick this afternoon and only summoned the courage to go and eat at 6:30pm. It makes me so dependent on the ability to contact friends, usually only one or two specific people, because if I spend too long on my own with nothing to entertain me except my thoughts, I will always find myself somewhere bad. I wish I could go back to times when none of that happened.
- What is your favourite movie? Very easy: Kimi No Na Wa (Your Name). I’ve watched it six times now. The story is the perfect rollercoaster of laughter and sadness, the characters are great, the artwork is stunning and I adore the soundtrack. It’s the closest I’ve ever come to crying in a movie as well, but that didn’t quite happen.
- What qualities do you look for in a friend? Someone who I can be my completely unfiltered self around. I am very weird and having friends who I don’t have to worry about how I look/act around is very comforting. Also someone who I can really open up to, and speak honestly with.
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts? I just write what’s on my mind when I have time, so I guess just life? >w<
- Do you own any pets? No, being in student accommodation makes that impossible. When I was younger I did own some fish which I really liked, so perhaps in the future I’ll get some.
People I nominate:
Tea & Tales
- What is your favourite drink and why?
- If you could try any job for day, what would you pick?
- Who is the one person, living or dead, you wish you could spend dinner with?
- What is one common mis-conception people have about you?
- If you could time travel, what period and location would you visit?
- What has motivated you to carry on blogging?
- Have you met any of the bloggers you’ve spoken to in real life? Would you ever want to?
- How would you define if you are successful?
- What is more important for a politician: honesty or competence?
- Describe your best boss (or teacher)
- What do you think of wordpress awards like this one?
I enjoy reading the blogs I’ve linked, can happily recommend all of them. Thanks again to Katie for nominating me!